Construction planning for the “Coraline” house
I began the process of designing and planning the construction of the house for the “Coraline” popup diorama I’m working on; it’s proving to be more straight-forward than I had originally thought it might be. I’ve spent about an hour and a half getting it to this point; it shouldn’t take more than a few hours more to complete it. Then I’ll plot out the other three layers and begin construction. Should be fun.
The roof overlay will need to be reworked a little; I didn’t catch the little area of roof that’s visible between the turret and the front eave, and I’ve lost a little detail there. Will be easy to fix. Then I’ll need to work out which details I’ll build up with paper and which will be added in with score lines or colored pencils or watercolors later; at this point, the majority of the major features look like they’ll work well as paper. Will adjust as necessary during construction.
I’m liking how this is going so far. It should be a fun project to complete.