Fun things I did this week
Things I did this week:
- On Tuesday, I spent almost 16 hours traveling from Bemidji to Kansas. I scribbled out something silly about how the sky looked out the window of one of my three flights that day; I’ll post it here after I revise it a bit.
- On Wednesday I had an interview for the position of Director of Alumni Communications at Emporia (Kan.) State University. I think the interview went exceptionally well; I had a great time and met some incredibly nice people. Now I get to wait.
- Also on Wednesday, I wrote a rough two-page story about a girl I saw in the airport who just randomly gave two packages of granola bars to some kids on our flight. I’ll also post that here after I revise it a bit.
- Wednesday night in the Milwaukee airport, I finished a book for the first time in I honestly haven’t the slightest idea how long. I won my years-long battle against William Gibson’s “Pattern Recognition,” I liked it, but I wasn’t blown away by it or anything. I’ll say more about it if anyone cares; leave a comment if you do. I scraped the price sticker off of Gibson’s “Spook Country” and will now effort to complete that novel in less than the approximately half a decade it took me to finish “Pattern Recognition.” And no, that isn’t an exaggeration; I purchased and began reading that book something in the neighborhood of six years ago.
- Yesterday, I had a pumpkin muffin from Breadsmith for breakfast; if there’s a more compelling reason to move to Minneapolis other than “easier access to these muffins,” I challenge you to find it.
- Yesterday, I found four G.I. Joe figures on clearance at Target for $1.48 each; I promptly purchased all four and am awaiting an opportunity to put them somewhere other than the floor of the passenger side of my car.
- Today, I received news that my parents and daughter had departed Kansas and are on their way up here for a week. This is excellent news. They can visit and will get a chance to meet their new sister/granddaughter in approximately six days. I’m supremely excited about everything I just wrote in that previous sentence.
Things I’m still waiting for this week:
- I’m still waiting for my new MacBook Pro from work. I’m contemplating a ninja raid on Computer Services to rescue it from its obviously dastardly and evil captors.