Middle of a busy week
Halfway done with what has been a busy week so far. Catching up:
- Sunday, Mel accompanied at church and gave me a call while she was driving in; she said I should go check out a road couch that some college kids had put out in their yard. It was a two-piece light blue sectional; it’s obviously old and pretty beat up, but it seemed somewhat salvageable so I took it. Thirty-some screws, some thread to repair the most egregious rips in the upholstery and some cleaning later, we’ve got a new basement couch, and we’ve got maybe four bucks invested in it. Still have some work to do on the cushions, and it just has to have a slipcover, but hey – not too bad for a street couch.
- I found another briefcase at a yard sale today that’s exactly like the one I picked up at the church sale a few weeks ago for a dollar; so I bought it. It still had both latches, where the one I bought before had one missing, but it still worked just fine. So I moved my colored pencils into the new one; now I have a second one that I’ll make into a marker case.
- Tonight I had a date with Millie! Helen and Mel went to Trek for awards night; we all were there at the start, but Millie was getting tired of being in her stroller so I left with her. I took her out to dinner and we had wings and pizza rolls. It was awesome. I don’t get a chance to do date night with the baby very often.
- Comic book store didn’t get new stuff today like they were supposed to. My Godzilla fix is delayed!
- Back to “Austin Powers in Goldmember” on Netflix… I had forgotten how completely stupid the opening few minutes of this movie are, and also how awesome Kevin Spacey is as Dr. Evil.