IDW Publishing held a forum today at ComiCon in San Diego, covering mainly their Transformers, G.I. Joe and Dungeons & Dragons properties.
There’s another liveblog of the panel up at HISS Tank; they included information on the Transformers and Dungeons & Dragons-related parts of the panel. Visit their coverage here:
YoJoe’s got more detail on the G.I. Joe-related parts of the panel.
• Javier Saltares’ run on G.I. Joe ends next month; IDW is bringing Will Rosado on board to take over that title in September. Rosado’s no stranger to G.I. Joe; he is credited for pencils on three issues of the original Marvel run, on issues 141, 144 and 153 in 1993-94. You can see Rosado’s online portfolio at williamrosado.com.
• Alberto Muriel is doing the art for Snake Eyes #5; you can check out Muriel’s online portfolio here.
• Current Cobra Civil War: Cobra story arc will wrap up with issue #4, next month (has been focused on Baroness and Serpentor so far). Cobra issues 5-8 will have a Chameleon story and deal with a Cobra agent inside G.I. Joe (not specified if they mean Breaker, already revealed to be Serpentor’s inside guy, or another agent). Werther Dell’edera will be handling art for issues 5-6; Antonio Fuso already working on issue 7. Werther’s blog is here.
• New story arc starting on Real American Hero series starting with issue #170; Flint/Lady Jaye/Roadblock story with Arashikage ninja fightin’ action.
• In Q&A, IDW said there was a “good chance” of a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover at some point in the future.
• No concrete plans as of yet for how to support 30th anniversary or handle G.I. Joe 2 film; IDW’s preference is for prequel-type stories for films rather than a straight comic adaptation, but realizes importance of straight adaptation of film to provide core for spinoff projects.
Thanks to the live-bloggers out there who covered this panel! Quick access to this information is amazingly appreciated for those of us unable to attend the convention.
I originally published this post on the forums at The Terrordrome; you can see that post here, and hopefully follow along with the people commenting on the post there. 🙂